Who are Tough Crates?
www.toughcrates.co.uk is an online shop operated by We Remove and Store Ltd (T/A Tough Crates). We Remove and store Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales (company number 10064143) whose registered office is Unit E, Lion House, Muspole Street, Norwich, NR3 1DJ. Our VAT number is GB304807814. “We”, “us” and “our” on this page refer to We Remove and Store Ltd.
What personal information we collect about you
‘Personal Data’ means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include anonymised data, where the identifying information has been removed.
• ‘Identity Data’ includes information such as: first name, last name, title and date of birth (optional).
• ‘Contact Data’ includes information such as: email address, location, billing address, delivery address, telephone number and country.
• ‘Financial Data’ includes information such as: payment card details and bank account (details not stored).
• ‘Transaction Data’ includes information such as: details of your purchases and the fulfilment of your orders (such as basket number, currency, order number, title, discounts, shipping, number of items, product number, single item price, etc.); payments to and from you, correspondence or communications with you in respect of your orders and details of other products and services you have obtained from us.
• ‘Technical Data’ includes information such as: your internet protocol (IP) address, details of the device(s) you use to access our services, login data, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
• ‘Profile Data’ includes information such as: purchases or orders made by you, preferences, feedback, and survey responses.
• ‘Usage Data’ includes information such as: how and when you use our website and what you searched for; how you moved around it, website performance statistics, traffic, location, weblogs and other communication data.
• ‘Marketing and Communications Data’ includes information such as: your preferences in receiving marketing communications from us.
How we collect your personal information
Direct interactions– you may give us your Identity, Contact, Financial, Transaction, Profile, and Marketing and Communications data (as described above) by entering information online, filling in forms, or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email, telephone or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide, for example, when you:
Purchase products on our website or create an account
Subscribe to our newsletter, social media sites or create wish lists
Enter a competition
Complete a voluntary market research survey
Contact us with an enquiry or to report a problem (by phone, email, social media, or messaging service)
Third parties– we may receive personal data about you from various third parties, including:
Technical Data from third parties, including analytics providers such as Google
Technical Data from affiliate networks through whom you have accessed our website
Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services.
We will only collect and process your personal data when we have a legal basis to do so. As a data controller, the legal basis for our collection and use of your personal data varies depending on the manner and purpose for which we collected it.
We will only collect personal data from you when:
We have your consent to do so, or
We need your personal data to perform a contract with you. For example, to process a payment from you, fulfil your order or provide customer support connected with an order,
or the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights,
or we have a legal obligation to collect or disclose personal data from you.
How we collect payments
Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. All payments are processed via Stripe who are certified as a PCI DSS Level 1 service provider. This is the most stringent level of certification available in the payments industry. Stripe host all form inputs containing card data, so your card information never touches our servers.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access the member login area, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
How we use your personal information
Personal information you provide to us is used only for the following purposes:
• To improve your shopping experience at toughcrates.co.uk
• To process your payment and order
• Only with your permission, to notify you of products or special offers that may be of interest to you
We will keep your personal data for no longer than is necessary for the purpose(s) it was provided for and to meet our legal obligations.
We only use your personal information to process your order. Therefore, the only companies we need to share your information with are our payment gateway (Stripe) and our delivery partners.
To keep you informed about the progress of your order, our delivery partners, Parcelforce, may send you SMS / email updates on the progress of your delivery. These communications are sent out automatically and are not controlled by toughcrates.co.uk.
Your details will not be used for any other form of marketing by our delivery partners.
Email / Newsletter
We will only e-mail you to process your order and afterwards if you have given your consent. We will never pass on your personal information to a third party.
Only with your permission, will we email you to notify you of products or special offers that may be of interest to you.
We will never share your personal data with any third party for marketing purposes.
How to stop receiving emails
You can choose to unsubscribe at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link that is at the bottom of every message that we send.
Unsubscribing from marketing messages will not stop transactional communications (such as order updates).
To leave a customer review we must collect an email address from you. This should be the same email address used when placing your order as we check all reviews against orders to eliminate spam reviews.
We will not publish this email address or share it with any third parties.
What are your rights?
Rights relating to your personal information:
• The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used
• The right to access the personal information we hold about you
• The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you
• The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances
• The right to stop direct marketing messages, and to withdraw consent for other consent-based processing at any time
• The right to request that we transfer or port elements of your data either to you or another service provider
• The right to complain to your data protection regulator – in the UK, the Information Commissioner’s Office
Changes to how we protect your privacy
Our Registered Business Address
We Remove and Store Ltd
Unit E Lion House